Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Hello from Benguet, Mountain Province

Excuse my morning face here.
Hello everyone! I'm back from my trip in Mountain Province and here's the map for your reference:


My main destination is Sagada and our first stop was Benguet! I was prepared for some thick clothes because the weather is more or less 10 degrees! We left Quezon City around 10PM for long drive. The last time I had a long drive was in my Ilocos Sur and Ilocos Norte trips that are also located in North Luzon!

Solo vs Group Photo
I uploaded some of the photos on my facebook, twitter and instagram for some updates for my family and friends (if we are following each other you already saw the photos). I also received some requests to update my blog from my trip, so here you go friends! :)

I believe this message is a "welcome message"



I traveled with Carissa of IslandTrotters.com we were both excited for this trip and we can't describe how it feels.


We had our breakfast somewhere in Benguet before our few more hours drive going to Sagada. Look at the fog!


Promise "the cold never bothered me anyway..."

Carissa was not prepared when it comes to proper clothes, maybe because she was too excited. So, we decided to check some of the stores near the restaurant. She bought beanie and jacket!



We also bought some key chains for our friends and family. 


The highlight of this stop was to see the famous Benguet Rice Terraces that we always see in our history books when we were grade school. However, we can't see it as a whole so I decided to take a photo with this kiddo.


This is how Rice Terraces looks like if the season is summer, I guess.

Photo from Google
The Banaue Rice Terraces (Filipino: Hagdan-hagdang Palayan ng Banawe) are 2,000-year-old terraces that were carved into the mountains of Ifugao in the Philippines by ancestors of the indigenous people. The Rice Terraces are commonly referred to by Filipinos as the "Eighth Wonder of the World". It is commonly thought that the terraces were built with minimal equipment, largely by hand. The terraces are located approximately 1500 metres (5000 ft) above sea level. They are fed by an ancient irrigation system from the rainforests above the terraces. It is said that if the steps were put end to end, it would encircle half the globe. (source)
This is the best photo I can get.


The reasons why I choose Sagada is still on draft. I can't wait to share my adventures with you friends! 

How was your weekend guys?

Have a great day everyone!
xx
Let's follow each other: 
Twitter: @jewelclicks





25 comments:

  1. beautiful scenery !!
    makes me want to go there


    AMOURPIXIE

    ReplyDelete
  2. wonderful pictures anyway despite the fog;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing pics, the rice terraces are incredible!!!!
    xo Paola
    Expressyourself
    My Facebook

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow, it looks really cold out there! 10 degrees is freezing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cool Jewel! love the pics! ui my cousin went to Benguet recently with his friends!! maybe you saw each other! ahhaha
    someday,someday, laag sad ko dra!

    love lots,
    Tin

    mypoeticisolation.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your pictures look so good! Was it cold there?
    http://itsmeeejennyy.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amazing photos and outfit
    Gret job


    portfella.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Grabe sulat ka kaagad.. pero maganda na yan para fresh pa yung memories.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great photos! I also want to visit the Rice Terraces one day. I need to explore the Philippines more! lol

    http://www.thestylishbipolar.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. yay! one of the nicest place in the Philippines talaga dear :)

    http://lavinajampit.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have never been to the Philippines but it looks amazing!

    hey beauties, check out my fashion illustrations!
    www.fashionillustrationsbymc.altervista.org

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, Jewel! The photos are breathtaking! I've been to Baguio but never to Benguet. I want to go there too. Huhu :(

    www.jhanzey.net

    ReplyDelete
  13. I can almost feel the cold. Looks like you really had so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, super lamig pala talaga dyan Ate. Sagada was one of our choice for our travel destination this coming summer 2015 but we ended up hitting the beach instead. Bago talaga matapos ang year na 'to, pupunta ako dyan. Haha :)

    Have a nice day, Ate Jewel! :)

    xoxo,
    SHAIRA
    http://www.missdream-girl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow, perfect pictures, the last one is a dream. *__*
    Lovely greets Nessa

    ReplyDelete
  16. Awwww such a great pics my dear!!! I would love to be there!
    I follow you my dear

    http://www.simplethingsbyjok.com/

    ReplyDelete
  17. Sayang at umeksena ang fog, hindi nyo nakita ng buo ang rice terraces. Pero okay lang, everything happens for a reason #anudaw?! hehe :)

    Cute ng pang lamig outfit mo! :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. This looks like a really cool (and cold) place and it looks like you had a great time! The Philippines are on my travel wish list :)

    Rachel xx
    http://www.thedailyluxe.net

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh wow.. that's such a beautiful part of the Philippines.. and must be cold there because of the fog :) Awesome photos!

    Take care always, love Christine ~ xx
    BLOG | BLOGLOVIN' | TWITTER | FACEBOOK

    ReplyDelete
  20. inggit ako girl! you were born in leyte? diin dapit? do you know how to speak the dialect?

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thank you for your comment :) <3 Have a great day!

Follow me on: Twitter

Subscribe to my Channel: VLOG: JEWELCLICKS

Follow me on Instagram

Let me know if you're now following my blog and I will follow your blog too. Let's be friends! :)