Thursday, March 24, 2016

The Newest Tambayan Capsule Hostel in Manila


Photo from Tambayan Hostel
Wohooo! finally sharing you my experience in the newest tambayan in the heart of Manila. 

Tambayan means a place to hang out with friends or family. 



Tambayan Capsule Hostel is the newest luxury hostel in Manila and is designed for the new generation of adventurers and travelers.  Yes, "Capsule Hostel" I was thinking of "Japan" where is everybody's goal to visit one day. When I first saw the photo, I told myself "I will definitely stay in this newest tambayan in Manila this weekend." 


Here's the lobby:

Feels like a Princess in a grand entrance



Above photo from Tambayan Hostel 

Backstory: (you can skip this...)

Cathryn and I arrived at Pedro Gil LRT Station, we asked the pedicab driver to take us in Bocobo St. where is the hostel's located. We asked how much is the rate going there and he said "PHP40" and we assumed maybe for the 2 of us or PHP40/each. When we reached the establishment he said "PHP140" and we were shocked and nothing to do about it, so I paid him and let go. We were surprised that it was just walking distance from the LRT station and just near the Robinsons Place Manila. Huhuhu We were doomed, but yeah that's life. The security guard said that the usual rate is PHP70/pax for pedicab ride. Sigh. 



Moving forward...

I got the Double Private Room with a Private Bath for me and Cathryn because guys, it's affordable and they have a 20% discount for their soft opening from PHP1,500 it is now PHP1,200! Plus some of our friends were out of town at that time, private group room is not applicable for us. Sayang! 

Tip: 

If you are staying with your friends get the Private Group Room good for 2 to 8 people. #SquadGoals

We checked out the place, ugh, so lovely!

Cathryn was amazed by their chandelier. 


View from above. :)

They have tight security only guests are allowed to go upstairs, so safe and sound!


Well, well, well.... 
"Romeo saves me I don't want to be alone..."
(insert Taylor Swift's song: Love Song) 


Staircase with old Manila history photos on the wall. 

 
I love  Philippine History (my favorite subject in High School) 
so these are amazing for me!


Wonderwall


They have books! Hopefully, when I come back again, they have more books. 


My favorite spot for board games and card games, perfect for barkada!






Private Rooms are located on the ground floor.  

Here's our room 

Manila City Hall Clock Tower history painted on the wall. 


(excuse the bag hahaha) 


I love the space! Perfect for a mini-studio for photoshoot? :P


I like their shower room! 


Hello?



Our TV had no cable yet because they just launched last February and I think they need to add closet too.

Shared Rooms and Private Group Rooms

I had a chance to tour and checked it all with the help of their staff Sheila to see how their capsule bed looks like. They have private group rooms for 2-8 persons which can be booked by parties of 2, 4, 6, or 8 persons.

Spell: Squad Goals!
 If only friends were completed that time, I definitely go for private group room. This is perfect for us.


OMG! This is so comfortable, I could not help it, so I went inside to try.

Rooms are air-conditioned and this little electric fan is additional if you want more air also there's an exhaust fan, mirror, sockets and light!




Blinds curtain for privacy :)


Each room has a historical landmark in Manila painted on the wall. Interesting! 


This room is big and different, the beds are double-decks (sideways) and there's a veranda near the Gastrobar where you can hear the noise from there, but you can close the door and have a good night sleep. 


Blinds curtain so you can rest without any distraction.



Their shared bathrooms are clean, I swear!! 
You can check more on Tambayan Hostel gallery here.



Tambayan Gastrobar

You don't have to worry where to eat because they have  cocktail bar and restaurant located on the roof deck of the hostel.  I'll tell you, there were so many people having a good time with their food and drinks. 




Our dinner! 


This is open for all, not only for guests. Read about Tambayan Gastrobar here

Tambayan Kitchen + Bar

The next day for our late lunch we tried their restaurant near the lobby. I love their cafe ambiance so chill and pretty.






Here's what we ordered for lunch: chicken and fish. 


Even the placemat is so Pinoy! :)


What's special about our stay was we celebrated Cathryn's birthday there. 

Birthday cake from Tambayan team! :)


Their special Halo-Halo is good for 3 - 4 persons!
Great to share with friends.


So big! Perfect to beat the heat this summer. 


Spoon



Stress-free stay in Manila for Adventurers and Travelers

For backpackers who are exploring Manila and to have an easy access to local culture this hostel is perfect for you. :)

Or if you are looking for a place to relax and unwind or distressed from your busy schedule at work or catch up with friends, but no time to go out of town, this newest Tambayan Gatrobar is the perfect venue to have a good time. 



More? Watch this video:

#tambayancapsulehostel#tambayangastrobar
Posted by Tambayan Capsule Hostel on Wednesday, 3 February 2016


Visit: 
1602 J. Bocobo Street Malate, Manila
Tel No. (02) 521-88-50
Email: booking@tambayanhostel.com


Have a great day everyone! 
xx

Let's follow each other? :)
Snapchat: jewelclicks
IG / Twitter: jewelclicks

17 comments:

  1. WOw! the hostel looks awesome Jewel! love the minimalism in their style and architecture!
    bsata capsule hotl gani Japan daun masud sa akong utok! hahahaahhha mayta naa sad ing ana Cebu puhon ui! lol

    love lots,
    Tin

    mypoeticisolation.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have heard about this and can't wait to visit it.
    The capsule hostel idea is amazing.

    The Bandwagon Chic | Instagram | Bloglovin | Snapchat: bandwagonchic

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks like a such a good place to stay at! I would definitely love to visit Manila one day and maybe I will someday. Also, I love the interior of the main hall! :)

    -Leta | The Nerdy Me

    ReplyDelete
  4. That place looks amazing! So fancy for a hostel in the Philippines :)

    STYLE VANITY

    ReplyDelete
  5. very classy halls
    I'd love to know your opinion on my new post
    ----> fashion blogger italia
    have an happy day
    kiss

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm sure gonna book a room here when I get to Manila. Thanks for sharing.
    Love, Fads

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ayan na, tambayan mo na talaga ang Maynila Jewel. Kabilang kanto na lang galing ng Cebu. Haha! Anyway, I really like how they provided electrical sockets for each bed space in the shared barkada room. Imagine having your squad together and you've all got gadgets to charge! It would have been a disaster had it not been the case. Good thinking.

    Anne's Scribbles and Doodles | Instagram | Bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a gem in the heart of Malate. This is my first time seeing a 'luxury' hostel, but it's still fairly cheap! I'd recommend this to my foreign friends if they visit Manila. Thanks for sharing!

    Clarisa | helloclarisa.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow, this is cool! gusto kong i-visit mga hostel and hotels dito sa Philippines. I want to explore. :)

    xoxo, rae
    http://www.raellarina.net/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ok this has to be the nicest hostel Ive ever seen! The group rooms look great and I love the idea of the blinds for privacy

    Rachel xx
    http://www.thedailyluxe.net

    ReplyDelete
  11. I haven't heard of this place until now. Beautiful!!!

    xoxo,
    SHAIRA // Dentistry Night 2016

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow! I wanna check this out soon if I will drop by in Manila.


    ~ Styleccentric Fashion' | BLOGLOVIN

    xo, Alyssa

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ouch. That pedicab ride. I learned my lesson back in college since I go to St. Paul Manila (just along Pedro Gil). But hey, that hotel looks really nice. Perfect for a staycation on my part. Would love to try that out with some friends from Manila since we're planning on a staycation soon. :)


    xoxo,
    Gelleesh.com

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thank you for your comment :) <3 Have a great day!

Follow me on: Twitter

Subscribe to my Channel: VLOG: JEWELCLICKS

Follow me on Instagram

Let me know if you're now following my blog and I will follow your blog too. Let's be friends! :)