Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Happy 116th Philippines Independence Day


Independence Day (Filipino: Araw ng Kasarinlan; also Araw ng Kalayaan, lit. "Day of Freedom") is an annual national holiday in the Philippines observed on 12 June, commemorating the Philippine Declaration of Independence from Spain on 12 June 1898. It is the country's National Day. read more.

Took this photo at Luneta Park in Manila, I remember I was there during the 100th Centennial Philippines Independence Day that was 1998, I was one of the Girls Scout of the Philippines who participated during the event in gradeschool.


So when I had a chance to dropped by at Luneta Park where you can see the monument of our National Hero, Jose Rizal, hats off and paid respect to our National Flag that symbolizes the Freedom that we gained from the countries that invaded Philippines.


I Salute! However, there's still a question that some can and some can't answer with one word: 
"Are we truly free?"
 

Happy 116th Philippines Independence Day to all Filipinos!

MABUHAY!

Ang sarap maging Pilipino :) 


I love this video! 
#SarapMagingPilipino  

Have a great day everyone! 
 Follow me on IG: @jewelclicks

14 comments:

  1. Great photos Jewel! Happy Independence Day to us!
    I hope someday we'll have the real freedom our heroes fought for :)

    love lots,
    Tin

    mypoeticisolation.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely, informative post! It's so nice to come across photos with a background story - thanks for the mini history lesson and colourful photos! :)

    http://findmethoseheels.blogspot.co.uk/
    I follow back on Bloglovin'

    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi!! I love your blog :) It's always nice to see a Filipino blogger here on BlogSpot. Happy Independence day!

    Vianne x
    www.viannedelrosario.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. HAPPY INDEPENDENCE DAY indeed <3 As for your question, I don't think anyone can ever be "truly" free, but I don't want to elaborate or else this comment will turn into one big paragraph lol!

    http://itsthekyliebabii.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy anniversary Philippines! It's an amazing country! =)

    http://whattostyle.blogspot.com/

    xoxo,
    Jess

    ReplyDelete
  6. very nice pictures,great event
    I'd love to know your opinion on my NEW POST
    http://tr3ndygirl.com
    would you like to pass from my blog?
    kiss

    ReplyDelete
  7. ahh yes, happy independence day kabayan! :D

    Animated Confessions

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great pics!!!
    Happy Independence day!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nakaka tindig balahibo. Minsan mas proud pa ang ibang lahi sa anung meron at kung ano tayo. Kaysa sa ibang piniling lumayo at itakwil ang pagiging Pilipino. Great Video there Jewel.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Have a great day too ! I didn't know about this day ;)


    Bisous !
    Sofia
    http://nuagedemoutons.blogspot.fr/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Amazing Photos ,happy Independence Day! <3

    kisses

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy birthday to the country also! The weather in Bangkok is like sooo hot that i don't wanna go outside lol Can't wait to meet you in person though :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow! nice post. Proud talaga dapat tayo na Pilipino tayo :)

    xoxo,
    SHAIRA
    www.missdream-girl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thank you for your comment :) <3 Have a great day!

Follow me on: Twitter

Subscribe to my Channel: VLOG: JEWELCLICKS

Follow me on Instagram

Let me know if you're now following my blog and I will follow your blog too. Let's be friends! :)