Friday, May 9, 2014

A Date with Mom: Silahis Arts and Artifacts

Muralla
For those who are not aware, it's summer time here in the Philippines. There are so many articles to read on what else you can do during summer such as learning a new skill (check), yoga for inner peace (check), go to the beach (check), travel (check), visit Museum (and... check!) I lost the link of the article I read it on Yahoo. Unfortunately Casa Manila Museum was closed. So we continued to walk around the area and across to The Silahis Center. 


Silahis Arts and Artifacts was established in 1966 and incorporated the following year. Since then, we have been engaged in designing, producing, wholesaling, retailing and exporting the finest of handmade Philippine products.
Our main showroom is The Silahis Center located in Intramuros, Manila. In a museum atmosphere with four departments, traditional artifacts and cultural crafts are synthesized with contemporary crafts and accessories expressing our eclectic Philippine lifestyle. Read more.


Whoa! Such a great place to check native Philippine arts, artifacts and Filipino native stuff inside. Their floor is shiny and I like the wooden stairs reminds me of our Ancestral house in Leyte. While I was taking my steps going down and admiring it, I slipped off and went straight to the ground! Good thing, there were only few people there and I just laughed and said "starwax ah!" 


We went up stairs to check the gallery.


My date for the day, my Mom! :)




 Excuse my tired face.



Hot weather.


So I was trying out this old electric fan if its still working. 


Abstract! 


I was trying to have a fierce look like the woman in the paintings behind me. Chos!


Spell FAT.


This is my favorite! I think I've seen this somewhere like in my tumblr dashboard. I'm not sure.  


My friend imitating the posed. 


Mom's turn for photo opts. 

Former President Ferdinand Marcos her idol.



This is a special post on my blog so far. Whenever I'm in Manila, I have to make sure that I have time to visit and meet my Mom to go out for a date. She is living in Manila while I and my siblings are happy based in Cebu City. Though she was in Cebu months ago, we're looking forward to live with us soon if she wants to. Too many to mention, this is not enough to show the world that I have a best Mom because all Mothers out there are the best and unique with their own ways.


Mothers Day is on May 11, just one day to celebrate, but for me it's everyday! Lucky for those who are living with their parents, cheers for the independents out there! :) Leaving you a photo of us. 


Hope you like this post! 

What are your plans this coming Mother's Day? 

Happy Mother's Day to all Mothers and to your Mother! 

Love lots! 

The Silahis Center
Open daily including holidays. 10 AM - 7 PM
755 Gen. Luna St. Tel No: 5272111
www.silahis.com
export@silahis.com


24 comments:

  1. Sounds like it was a lovely day with your mum. Happy Mummy's Day.

    Krissie x - http://pearlsofstyle.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, pareho kayong pretty ni mama mo Jewel :))

    How sweet and thoughtful naman. Happy Mom's day kay mama mo XD

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the photos :) I've never been there but it looks interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautiful photos!! you both look adorable!

    http://rosdays.blogspot.co.il/

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow early mother's day celebration. I hope I could date my mom too.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy mother's day to you too! You and your mom look very happy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Omg! You're a Filipina! Hello, kababayan! :)

    Silahis Arts and Artifacts seems like a really good place to visit in Manila. I'll keep that in mind when I go there.

    I followed you on Instagram. You post lovely pictures. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. wahhhh I can't wait to have date with my mom!!!!!That's a very beautiful museum Jewel! I'd visit that if I were in Manila right now hhee. Visiting museums is one of my summer ritual hahaha :)) I'm glad you have an awesome day with your Mom Jewel! :)

    love lots,
    Tin

    mypoeticisolation.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Perfect photo!
    NIce post!
    www.magfashoin.pl

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cute pics babe!
    kiss
    http://www.milanotime.net

    ReplyDelete
  11. You both look so pretty. Glad you had so much fun with your mom!!

    xx Mira

    www.glamdevils.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a nice place to visit. Magkamukha kayo ng mother mo. She looks so young.
    Anyway, ang mother.s day dito ay second week ng february, so tapos na akmi mag celebrate:)
    Good luck sa mga mothers dyan:)

    ReplyDelete
  13. happy mother's day to your lovely mom! it's nice that you finally got to bond with her. di ko ma-imagine living that far from my mom. caloocan to eastwood is way too far na when i'm living on my own. hehehe! lovely photos as usual. although i'm not into museums, my best friend and I tried visiting one in antipolo way back 2010. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. graet pics!
    www.mrsnoone.it
    kiss

    ReplyDelete
  15. Aw your mom looks so cute! That's nice that you went on a mother-daughter date with her! Maybe I should take my mom out tomorrow as well? I haven't had the chance to bond with her in so long! Great post :)

    http://itsthekyliebabii.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. It has been a really long time since I visited a museum. I should make time for it! Gorgeous pictures, by the way. :)

    Jenn
    The Pink Lemonade Girl

    ReplyDelete
  17. OMG! gusto ko rin makapunta diyan! I love vintage places like that one! :)

    http://lavinajampit.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  18. Awww kamukhang kamukha mo yung mom mo! So pretty niyo pareho :)) Happy Mother's Day to her! I miss having mother-daughter dates with my Mom :( I live with her but we've both been so busy. Hopefully I get to bring her out one day soon :) Lovely photos! Have a nice day Jewel!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Starwax ah! :)) This made me laugh. Good thing you and your mom had the chance to bond again. :)

    Have a great week ahead! :)
    Follow my blog with Bloglovin

    xoxo,
    SHAIRA
    http://missdream-girl.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  20. you look a lot like your mom both very pretty! This sounds and looks like a great place. Nothing beats the arts and phil culture. might visit this soon! <3

    http://yanibonifacio.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thank you for your comment :) <3 Have a great day!

Follow me on: Twitter

Subscribe to my Channel: VLOG: JEWELCLICKS

Follow me on Instagram

Let me know if you're now following my blog and I will follow your blog too. Let's be friends! :)