Sunday, January 2, 2022

HELLO YEAR 2022 - WE ALL FEEL YOU

 

When we hear the number 22 we always think of Taylor Swift's song and we totally sing this line "I don't know about you, but I'm feeling 22!" 

So there are unfortunate series of events that happened in our family before the year ends - First: my sister was pregnant and about to give birth last December and required to take a series of RT PCR tests for Covid19. On her fourth test, she was tested positive. The whole family got quarantined for 14-days! Our dad's birthday was celebrated at home again and I couldn't go home because it was useless not to bond with them. Turns out that the rest of the family are all NEGATIVE after they had a swab test at home, but still quarantined for 14days. After few days, it was Super Typhoon Odette (Rai) hit the Visayas - Mindanao and the top tri-cities in Cebu province gained a lot of damages mostly are roofs and some houses made of light wood materials got smashed. Everyone I know are safe. Laban lang. 

As for me, my family told me not to go home until water, electricity and telecommunications are stable. So, I booked my solo New Year's Eve countdown in the hotel near my place and tadah it was all worth it with the 360 views of fireworks and personalized mini bottle of champagne for souvenir. 



I was hesistant at first to go there alone, but eventually I have met these siblings, Jen and Robi from Cebu. They evacuated here in Manila just like my other friends for New Year's celebration. They are also planning to work and stay here for a while. 




The countdown begins and the fireworks display are all awesome and welcoming 2022 really feels so good. Im kind of carrying some emotional excess baggage, but just like decluttering my skincare products before I started writing this blog post, I will for sure slowly letting go of those baggages that I know there will be no room for this year. I will miss those moments and feelings, 2021 is one crazy roller coaster ride for all of us. I had encountered so many plot twists and received so many "Sorry". 
But here I am, trying to pull up myself from the mess I've been to. Hoping that I can have a good year and less bad vibes because I am a happy ball of sunshine outside and l am so close to shut down every windows and doors in my life that I know I can't do that because at the end of the day, I want to feel light and happy and peaceful. 







VLOG about my New Year's Eve here: 




Life Updates is a weekly VLOG content created by Jewel Delgado to share my life updates in a week to inspire single independent adults out there to have life-work balance and slow down filled with life living alone, adulting, minimalist lifestyle, reviews and travels.

Cheers to 2022! 

2 comments:

  1. That definitely sounds like a stressful end of the year. I am so sorry that you've been dealing with so much! I hope 2022 is absolutely incredible.
    the creation of beauty is art.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope your first part of 2022 is going well so far. :)

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thank you for your comment :) <3 Have a great day!

Follow me on: Twitter

Subscribe to my Channel: VLOG: JEWELCLICKS

Follow me on Instagram

Let me know if you're now following my blog and I will follow your blog too. Let's be friends! :)